Friday, December 12, 2014

Remain Calm, All is Well!

On the eve of "Film 48" principle photography I have to remind myself to "remain calm" in the face of the onrushing crowd. Today has been a flurry of activity, with calls and texts and facebook messages and errands. Props to find, locations to re-secure, actors to line up for a few remaining roles, schedules to create and communicate. And we are nowhere near ready. Filming begins anyway, its been our motto all along - "we're going with what we got". The dedication of this cast and crew is amazing, and the newfound participants are surprising in their enthusiasm. Tonight as one of my main actors was painting plastic prop guns for us to use, I got some wonderful advice from his wife. I was expressing nervousness, and she reminded me that we are supposed to be having fun. Yeah, I get to spend a weekend with wonderful friends, trying to do something that shouldn't be possible, something we all want to accomplish anyway. Fun indeed.
So tomorrow the fun begins, I wouldn't change a thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment